I like drumsticks. I like them fried.
However, I don’t like frying in my apartment and I don’t own a deep fryer.
So a better and healthier alternative would be baking them!
Ingredients as follow:
1 &1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of butter at room temperature (soft)
1 tablespoon of paprika
1/2 tablespoon of curry powder
1/2 tablespoon of chilli powder
1/4 tablespoon of sweet basil
1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450F
2. Mix flour and seasonings together
3. Brush butter all over drumsticks
4. Roll drumsticks in flour mix
5. Put into oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I was lazy. Well, actually, Logan was lazy. So, we settled for simple.
He went on BudgetBytes and looked for something that might just suit my mood. After going through four or five recipes, he finally found one that I liked and I made one or two slight changes. Food that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes! YATTA!
1/2 lb ground lean beef
1/2 bag of corn
12 oz of V8 juice
1 medium yellow onion
1 can of diced tomatoes (with green chilis)
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 can of dark red kidney beans (drained)
1 packet of chili seasoning
1. Brown meat in pan until meat is no longer pink.
2. Add in can of tomatoes.
3. Add in diced yellow onions.
4. Followed by packet of chili seasoning, V8, black beans, kidney beans, and corn.
5. Stir for 10-15 minutes or until warm (or blazing hot).
6. Serve on a bowl and add some shredded cheese! (Mine was left over mozzarella cheese from the quiche. oh and speaking of quiche, I might make some soon)
Yummy food indeed!
(Also, we were out of town for a couple of days last week. We went to IKEA and I bought more plates/bowls. I plead to go to a thrift store and I bought more plates/bowls. Definitely happy to have choices now!)
There’s been a lot of potatoes in my diet lately. That’s because I bought a 5 lb. bag of potatoes during Superbowl weekend when it was really cheap.
Also, a recent post about soaking potatoes in water will make them crispier prompted today’s attempt.
Salt & Pepper
There’s no amount for the ingredients because I really like coating them with a lot of those herbs, and I think I used about 3-5 tablespoons.
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Cut potatoes, soak in water for about 15 minutes.
2. Dry potatoes with a towel.
3. In a mixing bowl, put in ingredients. Mixed potatoes in in batches.
4. Spread potatoes on baking sheet. Put in oven for about 30 minutes.